Register ASAP for Saturday morning’s Self-Care session as space is limited.
MeTime: Monthly Self-Care Saturday
We live in a world that is go, go, go. More places. More people. More work. When you are stretched too thin, spending time on yourself may seem like the lowest priority. And, when work tasks, family commitments and life in general pile up without a break, it can create a tornado of stress and anxiety.
In fact, a study by the American Psychological Association found that self-care can be a useful way to mitigate stress, reduce anxiety, and increase self-compassion.
Self-care and Self-discovery can nourish your mind, body and spirit. While the main goal is taking better care of yourself, a much-needed break can also make you a better partner, caregiver, employee, co-worker and friend.
Each month Deb offers a theme that is presented in 2 variations. You do not have to attend both variations. Pick the one that suits you at this time.
Our Self-Care Saturday on the 2nd Saturday is for working on the theme in a passive manner with restorative yoga, meditation, and relaxation.
Our Self-Discovery Workshop on the 4th Saturday is for working on the theme in an active manner with self-reflection, journaling, creative activities, and discussion.
Which will you choose this month?
Join Deb for this session of deep relaxation on the 2nd Saturday of the month at 9:30 am
See the 4th Saturday workshop for this month
September’s Theme: Ground Yourself; Balance the Root Chakra
Try asking yourself the questions below, if you answer yes to any of the questions, you may benefit from working with your root chakra.
- Do I find myself becoming “stuck” in unhelpful ways of thinking and behaving?
- Do I need to let go of relationships that have shown themselves to be unhealthy?
- Do I feel disconnected in my body or ungrounded in general?
This session will include:
- Gentle stretching to release tension from the body
- Restorative yoga to balance the nervous system
- Aromatherapy to promote relaxation – You will receive this month’s theme essential oil
- Guided savasana meditation to restore the mind and the body
- Background music and affirmations to support the session theme
- Depending on theme, sometimes other healing modalities may take place
What are the Chakras? In yoga, meditation & Ayurveda, this term refers to wheels or energy throughout the body. There are seven main chakras, which align the spine, starting from the base of the spine to the crown of the head. To visualize a chakra in the body, imagine a swirling wheel of energy where matter and consciousness meet. This invisible healing energy is vital life force, which keeps us vibrant, healthy, and alive.
The Root Chakra is located at the base of the spine. It is associated with the following functions or behavioral characteristics:
- Security, safety
- Basic needs (food, sleep, shelter, self-preservation, etc.)
- Physicality, physical identity and aspects of self
- Support and foundation for living our lives
We will work on grounding and removing blockages in our self-care session. Join us for the workshop on the 4th Saturday as we perform deeper work on the Root Chakra and its functions.
Limited to 5 people. First come first served. Must have at least 2 people registered to hold class.
Registration in advance advised.
No refunds as space is limited.
Both the Monthly Self-Care and Self-Discovery sessions: $50