Self-Discovery Month Workshop
Self-care and Self-discovery can nourish your mind, body and spirit. While the main goal is taking better care of yourself, a much-needed break can also make you a better partner, caregiver, employee, co-worker and friend.
Each month Deb offers a theme that is presented in 2 variations. You do not have to attend both variations. Pick the one that suits you at this time.
Our Self-Care Saturday on the 2nd Saturday is for working on the theme in a passive manner with restorative yoga, meditation, and relaxation.
Our Self-Discovery Workshop on the 4th Saturday is for working on the theme in an active manner with self-reflection, journaling, creative activities, and discussion.
Which will you choose this month?
Join Deb for this session of self-exploration on the 4th Saturday of the month at 9:30 am
September’s Theme: Ground Yourself; Balance the Root Chakra
Try asking yourself the questions below, if you answer yes to any of the questions, you may benefit from working with your root chakra.
- Do I find myself becoming “stuck” in unhelpful ways of thinking and behaving?
- Do I need to let go of relationships that have shown themselves to be unhealthy?
- Do I feel disconnected in my body or ungrounded in general?
This session will include:
- Meditation and Mindfulness
- Crystal Singing Bowls
- Self-reflection and journaling exercises
- Group Discussion
- Mandala creation
- A few gentle yoga poses
- Background music to support the session theme
- Action plan and lifestyle changes you can make to support you
What are the Chakras? In yoga, meditation & Ayurveda, this term refers to wheels or energy throughout the body. There are seven main chakras, which align the spine, starting from the base of the spine to the crown of the head. To visualize a chakra in the body, imagine a swirling wheel of energy where matter and consciousness meet. This invisible healing energy is vital life force, which keeps us vibrant, healthy, and alive.
The Root Chakra is located at the base of the spine. It is associated with the following functions or behavioral characteristics:
- Security, safety
- Basic needs (food, sleep, shelter, self-preservation, etc.)
- Physicality, physical identity and aspects of self
- Support and foundation for living our lives
We will work on grounding and removing blockages in our self-care session. Join us for the workshop on the 4th Saturday as we perform deeper work on the Root Chakra and its functions.
Limited to 6 people. First come first served. Must have at least 2 people registered to hold class.
Registration in advance advised.
No refunds as space is limited.
Both the Monthly Self-Care and Self-Discovery sessions: $50