We live in a world that is go, go, go. More places. More people. More work. When you are stretched too thin, spending time on yourself may seem like the lowest priority. And, when work tasks, family commitments and life in general pile up without a break, it can create a tornado of stress and anxiety.
Self-care and Self-discovery can nourish your mind, body and spirit. While the main goal is taking better care of yourself, a much-needed break can also make you a better partner, caregiver, employee, co-worker and friend.
Each month Deb offers a theme that is presented.
Our session is for working with the theme with a variety of modalities. See below for what may be included.
October’s Theme: Emotional Well-Being with the Sacral Chakra
Try asking yourself the questions below, if you answer yes to any of the questions, you may benefit from working with your sacral chakra.
- Is my outlook on life overly emotional or too negative?
- Am I greedy for sensation or experience?
- Do I feel “swamped” and in need of grounding?
This session may include some of the following:
- Gentle stretching to release tension from the body
- Restorative yoga to balance the nervous system
- Aromatherapy to promote relaxation – You will receive this month’s theme essential oil
- Guided savasana (lying down) meditation to restore the mind and the body
- Background music and Affirmations to support the session theme
- Depending on theme, sometimes other healing modalities may take place
- Meditation and Mindfulness
- Crystal Singing Bowls
- Self-reflection and journaling exercises
- Group Discussion
- Mandala creation
- Action plan and lifestyle changes you can make to support you
What are the Chakras? In yoga, meditation & Ayurveda, this term refers to wheels or energy throughout the body. There are seven main chakras, which align the spine, starting from the base of the spine to the crown of the head. To visualize a chakra in the body, imagine a swirling wheel of energy where matter and consciousness meet. This invisible healing energy is vital life force, which keeps us vibrant, healthy, and alive.
The Sacral Chakra is located about three inches below the navel, at the center of your lower belly. In the back, it’s located at the level of lumbar vertebrae.
It is associated with the following functions or behavioral characteristics:
- Emotions, feelings
- Relationships, relating
- Expression of sexuality, sensual pleasure
- Feeling the outer and inner worlds
We will work on balancing this area and removing blockages so our relationship with the world and other people is centered around nurturing and harmonious exchange.
Limited to 6 people. Must have at least 2 people registered to hold class.
Registration in advance advised.
No refunds as space is limited.