Self-Compassion by Kristin Neff
Meeting in-person at Meditate Madison Studio
Mondays at 6:30 pm
If you can’t find a copy of the book, or you are awaiting yours in the mail, you can use this PDF copy: Self-Compassion- Kristin Neff
Guided Meditations and Resources from Kristin Neff
- Self-Compassion Break [5 minutes]
- Written Self-Compassion Break (Exercise)
- How Would You Treat a Friend? (Exercise)
- Compassionate Body Scan (24 minutes)
- How Self-Compassionate am I? Assessment and Keeping a Self-Compassion Journal PDF
- Breathing Compassion In and Out – An article I came across by Kristin Neff with a twenty-minute compassion meditation. https://www.mindful.org/breathing-compassion-in-and-out/
- Soften Soothe, Allow: Working with emotions in the body with Kristin Neff
- Compassionate Body Scan by Kristin Neff
The Mindful Self-Compassion Workbook Meditations
NOTE: You will have to register on the page: https://www.guilford.com/companion-site/The-Mindful-Self-Compassion-Workbook/9781462526789
Guided Meditations and Resources from Deb Phelps, Your Facilitator
- Download the Self-Compassion/Loving Kindness Meditation
- The video below I posted to the Meditation Stepping Stones website awhile back. I explain the process of the above Self-Compassion/LovingKindness meditation.
Upcoming Studies for 2019
Our goal for the Mindful Book Group is to embrace mindfulness practices in all areas of our lives. All the books that are chosen for our group are either from teachers of mindfulness or otherwise rooted in mindfulness practices. Certainly, during our sessions, we will be practicing Mindfulness in one form or another.
Based on a suggestion from a regular member of our group, and time spent in meditation, this is what I see unfolding for our book lineup for 2019.
Mindfulness Book Studies for 2019
- January: “The Mindfulness-Based Eating Solution” for 4 weeks. This book gives anyone who has struggled with food a realistic and achievable approach to finding peace with food and eating. While founded on solid science, Lyn Rossy offers a supportive, nurturing, and real-life approach to inviting change while still enjoying the foods you love. This study will not encompass the entire book but we will focus on the BASICS (as Lynn calls them) of Mindful Eating, our plan of action, and looking at thoughts and beliefs
- February: “The Art of Forgiveness, Loving-Kindness, and Peace” for 4 weeks. This book by Jack Kornfield contains wonderful essays and quotes regarding the topics in the title and is rooted in the practice of Loving-Kindness. On our first week with this book, I will be showing a 56 minute video by Jack Kornfield titled, “The Ancient Heart of Forgiveness.” Loving-Kindness will be our main practice each week.
- March-May: “Awakening Joy” for 10 weeks. This book by James Baraz. Joy is not for just the lucky few–it’s a choice anyone can make. In this groundbreaking book, James Baraz helps you discover a path to the happiness that’s right in front of you, offering a step-by-step program that will reorient your mind away from dissatisfaction and distraction and toward the contentment and delight that is abundantly available in our everyday lives. Topics: Intention, Mindfulness, Gratitude, Joy in Difficult Times, Integrity, Loving Ourselves, Connection with Others, Compassion, and the Joy of Being
- Rest of 2019: Your suggestions for future books are always welcome.
Listen and/or download Deb Phelps’
MeditationPebbles: 5 Minutes to Inner Peace Podcast