Are you fed up with the frustration of dieting or what is considered wellness in our society? Maybe you experience stress eating, retail therapy, or binge watching TV shows to relieve how you feel? Have you said to yourself, “There must be another way”? Past experiences are just that. The past. You can change your life now with simple shifts that rewire your recurring negative self-talk that impedes your confidence. Together in this group, we can change our thinking around food, body, wellness, and weight loss–and how we deal with stress. It doesn’t matter if you need to lose weight or if you don’t. If you are ready for an more holistic approach to your health and well-being, then this group is for you.
These groups get together to meet, share, support, and practice movement and meditation. We incorporate the following: de-stressing with relaxation techniques, exploring our thoughts and emotions, inviting in meditation and mindfulness, learning to mindfully eat, practicing gentle yoga (chair yoga too), taking walks together, and enjoying other wellness activities as decided by members of the group.
This is not a group where we will tell others how they should walk their weight loss and wellness journey. We come together simply to support one another on a peaceful path, whatever our personal choices may be and any mistakes we may make along the way. We’re here to practice loving-kindness and compassion towards ourselves and others.
These groups will be on a minimal fee basis to help everyone in the ability to attend. Suggested fee is $10. No one turned away who cannot pay.
Each session will be a different topic, sign up for our email list to learn the topics each time they are presented. You can also see the upcoming meetings below.
Friday Morning Group meets weekly at 10:00 am
Monday Evening Group meets weekly at 6:30 pm
Can’t Join a Meeting?
Private Sessions Also Available Contact Deb
Click on the meeting you are interested in to register or RSVP in advance.
Be sure to see our full calendar of events by clicking button below.
Upcoming Possible Topics will delve into four areas: Food/Eating, Mind, Body, & Spirit See the schedule above for the topics for each week. Not necessarily in this order. Topic suggestions will be welcomed from group members.
- Love Who You Are Right Now
- Body Image/Body Positivity
- Cultivate a Relationship with Your Body
- Awareness & Being Present
- Releasing Judgment & Guilt
- Self-Sabotage and Self-Compassion
- Be in Balance and Not Extremes
- Making Peace with Food
- Making Peace with Yourself
- Weight Loss for the Mind
- Expressing Yourself
- Learning New Energy-Enhancing Patterns
- Mindful Eating/Mindless Eating
- Dealing with Guilt & Shame
- Hunger: Physical, Emotional, Desire, Taste
- Healthy Relationship with Food
- Overcoming Perfectionism
- Beating Cravings
- Food as Fuel
- Learn to Relax
- Accepting Changes as We Age
- Interrupting the Cycle or Pattern
- Responding vs. Reacting
- Clean Your Plate: What we Learned about Food from Childhood
- Social Expectations/Advertising
- Guided Meditation
- Connecting with Inner Source for Nourishment
- Ruminating About-Past, Health, Food & Other Things
- Distractions & Not Being Present